Scientifically known as Ocimum Tenuiflorum, tulsi is also called the Holy Basil as it is used for various religious activities, performed mostly by the Hindus, where they worship this plant. Tulsi is also known all over the world for the vast medicinal properties it offers. The aromatic perpetual plant originated from the Indian Subcontinent and is mostly cultivated in Southeast Asia.
The outspread hairy plant has leaves that are either green or purple, and its strong scent is highly regarded by a lot of households. The Hindus have tulsi plants in front of or very near their house. Some of them believe that if the slight dry leaf is burnt, it can keep annoying insects like mosquitos and flies away!
In addition to its religious value tulsi is also cultivated for its essential oil. Ayurveda clinics highly praise this oil and some of the high-end clinics use diffusers and their most used essential oil is none other than tulsi. The reason for this is, the strong aroma creates an energising and stimulating atmosphere that can improve one’s concentration and helps relieve their consternation and tension.
Tulsi is a highly praised adaptogenic herb, adaptogens are a herb group known for its ability to help our body cope with stress and boost our energy. This amazing anti-depressant herb provides a lot more like;
- It is the perfect anti-aging cure, tulsi is a powerful antioxidant that reduces the damage caused by free radicals and is very protective against oxidative stress.
- The high amount of antibacterial, anti-fungal, and anti-inflammatory effects support overall physical health.
- Regular consumption of tulsi tea can provide alike benefits of yoga. The healthful drink nourishes our body from both the inside and outside, the instant feeling of relaxation calms our mind and spirit.
- Tulsi is very effective against small maladies like common cold, cough, fever, flu, headaches, sore throat, as well as respiratory problems like asthma.
- It provides so much for your oral hygiene, strengthening your teeth and gums, killing the bacteria in your mouth, resulting in cleaner teeth and fresher breath! Everyone should see that beautiful smile.
- Pain-relieving agents reduce the discomfort caused by muscle injuries. Many think that this is much more effective than medical prescriptions. The fact that tulsi is all-natural impresses a lot of people.
- The anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties of tulsi purify the blood and get rid of all the toxins and bacteria of the skin, protecting you against the biggest challenge, acne!
- It does wonder work with skin issues both when consumed or applied. Tulsi is used to treat skin disorders, such as itchiness and skin diseases like ringworms, leucoderma, and leprosy.
- The environment we now live in basically ruins our skin! Without proper care, it can clog pores and cause a lot more issues. The aromatic herb has a deep-cleansing effect giving you a much clear, glowing looking skin.
Tulsi truly deserves the name Holy Basil for the copious health benefits it provides, and the heap of antioxidant properties it contains. Head over to Tipson tea where we came up with a healthy, delicious, organic, and herbal tulsi range that you don’t want to miss out on!